Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The start of a new day...

***Posted by Kyle

My last two posts have been fairly negative. Those of you that know me know that I'm generally a fairly positive person, and these posts aren't my style. Yeah, I was embarassed and mad. However, today I am so encouraged by the comments, emails, and texts that I have gotten from our family and friends. It is so cool to see that people support us on a matter that could literally (eventually) mean life or death for us. The hardest part is over. From here, it's just sticking to the plan, being more active, enjoying the new foods that we will discover, and smiling about it. Will we mess up? Probably. Will we have success? We already have. Heck, Nicole already lost 2 pounds, which is awesome!

Moving forward, I hope people understand when I turn them down for the opportunity to eat pizza with them at lunch, or to have a pint of Guinness at the end of the day. I want to, I just really need to try to knock the little things out that have fettered my success in the past.

That being said, I really want to stick to one of the earliest Bible verses I learned: Phillippians 4:13- I can do all things through Him who strenghens me.

Have a great day folks- make a good, healthy decision today!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your deep and honest feelings. That must of been really hard but I know it is what you needed to do. I will be with you all the way. You can and will do this, You have a lot of support and you have God. You are both on the right path. You are going to inspire so many people. I love you both and am so excited for your new transformation. You may not think you are beautiful but you both are and it will show. Blessings and Prayers from Donna

    ReplyDelete