Monday, January 18, 2010

The Incredible (Slowly) Shrinking Woman!

****Posted by Nicole

This morning I stepped on the scale and I had lost 3 more pounds! My weight is now 206. I was a little worried because I didn’t workout as much last week. It's kind of cool to see the difference between working out and watching what I eat, opposed to just watching what I eat.
I traveled to my sister’s in Kansas this weekend and found myself wanting to stop at every fast food place that passed by. It’s also a tradition for Kyle and me to stop at Chick-Fil-A every time we make the trip to see family and I just kept on driving. It was a Saturday and I could have bent the rules a little, but I didn’t want to destroy them by getting a combo meal from Taco Bell. Plus I knew that I was going to have sushi that night for my brother in-law’s birthday dinner. I’m finding that fast food doesn’t have the same power over me as it once did. If I eat something bad it messes my stomach up and I pay for it for about two hours. I don’t think it’s worth it anymore. So by the time I got to my sisters I was starving and was pleasantly surprised with healthy food! She had stocked up on wheat bread, eggs (which she doesn’t eat), pickles (which are my fav and she also doesn’t eat), turkey bacon, and low fat chips. All together now, Awwwwe, thanks sister! We had a really fun time moving furniture, hanging pictures, and catching up so I did get a little exercise in!
One thing that I didn’t do when I got home was stock up on food for this week. I was just to tired. I’ll have to do it tonight after I pick Kyle up from the airport. I think I’ll get some new running shoes tonight too. Thank you for all of the suggestions for shoes, and I’ll let you know which ones I get. Hope y’all have a good week!

1 comment:

  1. AWWWWWWWE, You're Welcome!! We had a Great time, Thank You for the Help!! I'm So Proud of You!! Good Job this Weekend on the Food!! Love You, Sister

    ReplyDelete