Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Out of commission

****Posted by Nicole

Unlike Kyle, I had a pretty decent morning yesterday. I had forgotten to make a protein shake, and didn’t realize it until I was half way to work so I had to go get a whole wheat bagel from Einstein’s. It wasn’t as good as a plain white bagel with cream cheese, but it did the trick and I didn’t have to eat a snack to hold me over till lunch. However, my day went south right after Pilates. I had a great workout and then got in the car and immediately wanted to ralph. I didn’t think that I had over exerted myself so I just took deep breaths and made it home with out having to stop and “make a scene”. Once I got home I spent about 20 min on the bathroom floor wondering “Did I eat enough today?” or “Did I drink enough water?” and then it hit me, it’s a migraine. I had a headache on and off all day, but it wasn't so bad that I thought it would turn into a migraine and usually the pain gets worse before the nausea hits. I picked myself up off the floor, asked Kyle tuck me in bed (yes, I’m a big baby) and took two Tylenol pm... Harsha out!
So I did not eat dinner last night. We had planned to have garlic shrimp, but seeing how the thought of eating a noodle almost got me selling some Buuuuuuicks, I declined the opportunity to participate.
This morning I woke up in bliss. Nausea was gone and head was clear. For those of you who don’t know what a migraine feels like, imagine your brain swelling twice its size, and then the pain is so bad that it tries to squeeze through your eye socket to escape.
So this morning instead of a protein shake, I ate one egg, 3 pieces of turkey bacon and a piece of toast to get something in my stomach. I really look forward to our garlic shrimp tonight before bible study and I have a feeling this is going to be a much better night!

No comments:

Post a Comment