Saturday, January 9, 2010

Kryptonite

****Posted by Nicole

So we all have something that tempts us and makes us get week in the knees. For some it’s women, gambling, or drinking. For others it’s shoes, clothes, or men. Me...Its cheese. Fried, melted, solid, or soft; it’s all good. We literally cannot have too much cheese in our house because I will eat it all within a matter of days. This of course never ends well, but come on, it’s cheese!
Last night I had a jewelry party to go to so I brought hummus and whole wheat pita chips. Once I got there I noticed that my good friends had all brought something healthy! On purpose or not, I was oh so grateful. I hadn’t eaten dinner so I loaded up my plate with our goodies and decided this wasn’t going to be as hard as I thought. Then I hear the door open and our last girlfriend comes in a little late. She puts a white take out box on the kitchen counter and settles in with the rest of us. Towards the end of the presentation it was time for me to quench my thirst and I quietly snuck into the kitchen for a glass of water. I noticed the white box and thought I would take a peek at what our late friend brought.

Gasp!
No!
Fried mozzarella sticks
Oh no, I’m in the kitchen by myself and nobody is watching me.
Help!
Getting weaker,
Step back, don’t look at them.
One will be okay.
Oh, it’s soooo good!
Two won’t be so bad.
The grease is soaking through the paper in the box.
Okay, okay, that’s enough. Drop the third, and step away from the box! Pay no attention to the girl behind the counter; she is not eating anymore cheese!

Yes I had a weak moment. I had two gross fried mozzarella sticks. The next decision I made was to tell my friend Donna to tell me not to eat anymore. I fought with myself for about five minutes before I asked her, but I was full and didn’t need the calories. In all seriousness I could have eaten the entire of box melty fried goodness. My sweet girly friends gave me the extra push I needed to get back on track and I am so blessed to have them on my side. Thanks ladies!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole! You are so cute and so funny. I am going to have a talk with that skinny little late comer. Hang in there girl and I will be glad to guide you in the right direction. Dont forget to work out today. You will be so happy afterwards. See you and Brandy for grocery duty tomorrow. Oh yea..church first. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to comment on this post earlier. I read it and I thought I had written it! You are a girl after my own heart...and I <3 cheese!

    ReplyDelete