Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Faith restored, Man am I out of shape!

**Posted by Kyle

My parents always told me that, the older you get, the harder it is to get into shape and lose weight. I didn't believe them. I was wrong. Man, am I out of shape! Today, I got on the exercise bike for a 10 minute warm up, no problem. Then I decided to do a bunch of sets of push-ups and sit-ups. Yeah, by "several sets" I mean that I couldn't get to 25 straight of either one without stopping to catch my breath. Dang, when I was a young wrestler, or a mountain guide, I could rattle those things off no problem. I even got my Presidential Physical Fitness Award, dammit! Doesn't that get grandfathered in or something? Oh well, I guess I'll just keep plugging along, grunting and wheezing along the way!

As for the eating, we have been doing pretty darn well. I roasted a chicken last night for the first time- I think Nicole will post about that, along with pics. I have also gotten a bit of faith restored in these protein shakes.

Today, I did a scoop of vanilla, a scoop of chocolate, and added a dab of organic peanut butter. It really wasn't all that bad. I'm not concerned about the calories added by the 1/2 tbsp of peanut butter, as the shakes are only 60 calories per scoop anyways.

That's it, have a great day- make a healthy decision!

No comments:

Post a Comment