Friday, January 22, 2010

I'm tired today....

****Posted by Nicole

I am tired today. I had a really good workout last night that consisted of run/walking for 15 min, then a class called muscle works for an hour. I got home and Kyle had a great dinner all set to eat. Roasted cauliflower and a mixture of brown rice, shrimp, onions, green peppers, black beans, garlic, and a spicy seasoning called “slap yo mamma”. I cleaned the kitchen, (because Kyle cooked) mopped the floors, did some laundry, read the bible, and hit the pillow by 9:45. (Yeah I know, I’m an old lady) So with all that activity you would think that I would be comatose and not wake up until the alarm went off. Not so much. I woke up at 2:30am from a knock at our front door and our dogs announcing the visitor. One our friends needed some consoling so my sweet husband stayed up and listened to him vent. I didn’t fall back asleep until 4:00, or something, and then got up at 5:30 to get ready for work.
We both really love that friends feel comfortable enough with us to get help in the middle of the night. I'm not upset at all that he came when he did, I am just tired. Note to all of our friends, if you need us even in the middle of the night, our door is open!
When I get this sleepy I want two things; a bagel from Dunkin Donuts (plain, toasted, with cream cheese) and a tall caramel macchiato from Starbucks. Oh yes, Calories galore and the ultimate breakfast comfort food for me. I think I love it so much because it reminds me of when we lived in Boston. Kyle would have to go into his restaurant on Sundays to answer the phones and I would tag along to keep him company. When we would get to the city I would walk to Dunkin Donuts and get us both a bagel, then cross the street for Starbucks. The city would still be asleep and so quiet. I could see the sun trying to peek through the buildings and a crisp cool breeze would blow lightly through the streets keeping things from warming up to fast. Even though I knew it wasn’t going to be for long, I felt so blessed to live in such a great city. That’s what I’m looking for in food. It reminds me of certain moments that I felt God’s presence and I was at peace with life. Everything as it should be. I think if I concentrate on the memory and not the food I’ll be alright as far as the craving. This is when it gets hard not to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment