Wednesday, January 27, 2010

On the prowl

Tonight is one of those nights that can be dangerous. I had a very filling dinner of soup and salad and then afterwards a friend of ours was doing a poetry reading at one of our favorite places, Atomic Cowboy, so we headed that direction. Now, I have a hard time with poetry. This irritates me to no end because I love books, words, art, and music. I just don’t get poetry. I don’t understand what they are trying to tell me. I do appreciate it because I think it takes guts to stand up on stage and tell people your most intimate thoughts. I compare it to me getting behind a mic and just reading stuff from my journal. Uh, no thanks. I don’t even want to re-read some of that stuff let alone read it to people. At least I had Kyle there to translate for me so I wasn’t at a complete loss. Anyway, Atomic Cowboy is one of our favorite places because we love the owners and, of course, the food is so good. We were good though and just had a couple of cocktails to blend in with the crowd.
So we get home and I’m on the prowl.

I want cheese... no pickles... no chocolate...oh I wish we had chips.
Okay, so I don’t know what I want, but I know it’s something to eat.
Maybe if I open the refrigerator one more time something will appear that I didn’t see before.
Nope, same stuff.
Two oranges and plenty of nuts.
But, I’m tired of those and miss the days that I could have nachos on a whim.

Then, I remind myself that our once a month weigh in is coming up and I don’t want to blow it the week before. Sigh... Okay, I won’t eat anything, well maybe some cashews and four little chocolate chips, but that’s it. My only defense is to brush my teeth. So that’s what I’ll do, and then go to bed.

I say this with a frown and dripping with sarcasm, yay me.

No comments:

Post a Comment