Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Mmmmm...Chalky.

This is one of those mornings where I'm tempted to write a sour, grumpy post. I have started realizing that one effect of eating healthier and having more energy is that I can't sleep very well at night. Last night, I went to bed at about 11:00. I woke up for about 30 minutes around 12:20, then woke up at 3:30. I have been awake since then. This means that I'm feeling a bit sour and grumpy myself. The reasons that I couldn't sleep are a couple-fold. First of all, I have a few things going on at work that are stressful. Secondly, I did a great workout yesterday, punching a heavy boxing bag. The workout lead to my shoulders being sore, and I couldn't get comfortable. Enough about that.

It has been really cool to see how helpful people are with suggestions on how to go about this challenge. We have had people that have told us that we have inspired them to make changes in their attitudes and body images as well. That's fantastic! One way (as Nicole mentioned) is that people give us all kinds of advice about what to eat, what not to eat, how much to eat, etc. Filtering through all of this (sometimes contradictory) information will be a chore, but worth it in the end. For example, my parents are distributors for a company called GNLD- I think it means Global Neo-Life Diamite (huh?). This company sells supplements, vitamins, etc. They also sell meal replacement protein shakes. I tried one yesterday, and it was terrible. I got a hold of my brother, who has eaten lots of these things, and he suggested how to improve it. I took his suggestions to heart, and made another one this morning. It's not fantastic, but it's much better than the mouth full of frozen chalk I had yesterday. I have to admit, a breakfast of bacon, eggs, biscuits, gravy, and hashbrowns sounds much better than a vanilla chocolate swirl GR2 shake. But, that's not the ninja way.

1 comment:

  1. I like EAS Shakes...the ones with 20 Carbs and 20 Grams of Protein. I also do the 3 Card, 17 Protein when I want to have a slice of toast or like 10 potatoe chips. Chocolate is the best.

    ReplyDelete