Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Back to the grind

**Posted by Kyle

This last weekend, I flew down to Dallas to see my long-time friend Justin get married. It was an amazing, God-centered wedding, and a great time. Truth be told, I was a bit worried about staying on track eating-wise while down there. I may have drank a pint or two of beer that I didn't need, but for the rest of the trip, I feel like my eating choices were fairly good. I have a friend named Kyle (we'll call him KJ to stop any confusion) that is a personal trainer, that I was staying with while down there. We talked several times about the fact that, sometimes, you just aren't in a situation where the optimal dining choice is available. Our goal is to choose the best possible foods out of the choices available. For example, on Saturday there was a buffet lunch at a Tex-Mex restaurant. This is bad for me, because I will put a hurtin' on a buffet, and on some Tex-Mex food. However, I chose to roll with one tortilla, some fajita chicken covered with salsa, some black beans, and mainly the rest was salad. I only had a spoonfull of sweet corn salad, and 1/4 of a cheese enchilada (that the lady put on my plate- I didn't ask for it.) By staying away from the bowls full of oily rice, cheese, and sour cream, I was able to divert from serious caloric disaster.

At another point in the weekend, my college buddies were eating cheese fries, rueben sandwiches, and guinness floats. I rolled with a grilled chicken salad and iced tea. See, it can be done!!!!

KJ wrote me up a detailed workout plan, and I really look forward to putting it into action. The first couple months will focus on the big muscle groups- doing dead lifts, squats, lunges, cleans, etc. I have always been the type of guy that likes being in a gym, throwing weight around, and grunting, so I'm excited about rotating between boxing workouts, and lifting workouts.

On a final note, do you want to join in our quest? If so, just sent us an email with your name (we'll just use your first name, no worries), a picture taken TODAY of yourself, your waist measurements, and your weight (again, no cheating- we had to do it honestly, so do you). We will post them on here, and allow our followers to see updates on your success once a month. Join the Ninjas- it's, like, healthy and stuff!
kyle's email- kyleharsha@yahoo.com
Nicoles email- colieharsha@yahoo.com

That's it. Have a great day, make a healthy choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment