Thursday, January 21, 2010

I ain't sore at ya...

****Posted by Kyle
....But I definitely am sore. Yesterday, I started the interval exercise bike, and the weights program that my buddy wrote up for me. Holy crap. My arms were shaking a good portion of the day yesterday. The last time I felt like this was after the first couple of wrestling practices in high school. Awesome. Today, I think it's just a really long bike ride, which will be interesting in it's own right.

In other news, Nicole and I figured out that we can go to an Italian restaurant, and escape relatively unscathed. We were completely out of food last night (except for those really bad frozen turkey meatballs), as we didn't go grocery shopping on Sunday with me being out of town. We headed over to this little Italian restaurant that is right around the corner from us called Trattoria Toscana. It's not the best food in the world, and it's not the worst- it's the comfortable type of place that is full of old people trying to figure out why "vino bianco" means "white wine", and the owner remembers my first name, even though I haven't seen him in probably 18 months. There was a really bad Sinatra-cover singing lounge act that we were tempted just to hang at the bar, and listen to, martini-in-hand. Speaking of temptation, the first thing they do hear is bring you a loaf of white bread, with a nice little bowl of olive oil, crushed garlic, and pepper. Since our trainer told us "the whiter the bread, the quicker you're dead", we decided we could each have one small slice, and that was it.

In the past, the meal would have looked like this between us:
probably two baskets of bread
Appetizer (let's say crab cakes or antipasto)
Salads
Entree- with each of us finishing everything on the plate
a bottle of wine
split a dessert

Here's what we ate:
one piece of bread each
Salads- dressing on side
entrees- I had the seafood linguini with a light tomato broth, Nicole had chicken breasts with mushrooms and a white wine sauce. We each ate half of our entree, and asked for a box for the rest.
I had one cocktail (vodka on the rocks), nicole had water
NO Dessert

And that was it! I'd say we saved ourselves at least $75 over what we normally would have done, and also probably saved 700 calories each.

Success? Not a major, earth shattering victory in the grand scheme of things, but I'll take it for a Wednesday night!

Email us- Join the revolution!

Have a great day, make a healthy decision!

No comments:

Post a Comment