Monday, January 25, 2010

It's been a pretty good day

**Posted by Kyle

The way this day started, I thought it was going to be rough. I didn't sleep well last night, and I stayed in bed 30 minutes longer than I wanted to this morning. That meant that I got up already in a hurry, and a bit grumpy. After that, I dropped my banana on the floor (which resulted in a hair-covered banana)...one quick note: washing off a banana after you have peeled it makes it slimy and nasty. Just throw it away. A couple of other things irritated me, none of which should have. At any rate, I thought I would leave my house around 9, go into the office for 30 minutes, and be at my first account by 10. At 8:41, I was in the shower, mid-hair-wash, when DAMN IT- I remembered that I had a 9:00 meeting. I set a world record in getting ready (didn't shave, that helped), and getting over to it. On the way, I got behind every old person in Saint Louis County that decided to drive 28 in a 40 mph zone. Luckily, I was only 5 minutes late, and the person meeting me only beat me there by about a minute. Not looking good, right? Well, my day turned around after that. Despite the wind, snow, and gray skies, everything else pretty much went as planned.

I did have to eat at Whole Foods for lunch, but their pre-packaged sushi seemed like it was decently healthy. I had a great workout this afternoon, and even got ahead on a couple of projects I'm working on.

The moral of this story: None, really. I'm just happy that I generally feel better throughout the day, my pants are starting to fit better, and that I can make myself work out when I would rather sit in a chair and eat cheeto's. I'm also disappointed that we had to turn down reservations for what was probably going to be an amazing meal tonight. Baby steps, you know.

Off to try a new recipe tonight. Weigh ins are at the end of next week- I'm a bit nervous that all of the "progress" that I feel is simply in my head. I guess the measuring tape and the camera don't lie.

Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for you guys! Keep up the good work. There is a market at Schlafly on Saturday from 9-1. Not a lot of produce, obviously, but good eggs and meat.

    ReplyDelete