Monday, February 8, 2010

Why must they torture me?

****Posted by Nicole

This Sunday at church our pastor mentioned how we get tempted or tested all the time by things around us. These tests are meant to build our character. Well I must be one hell of a character, because this cake is sitting in the kitchen right now and I am refusing to eat it. I keep thinking of our weigh in this weekend and how good it felt to actually see the inches go down. Once I reached a certain point in my weight gain I thought it was never coming off. I think I had convinced myself that what I had gained was there to stay and there wasn’t anything I could do about it. I now know for sure that is incorrect.
Another win I might mention is that I slipped my wedding ring on this weekend. My fingers were cold and wet so it literally slid right past my knuckle. Getting it off last night was a totally different story. Kyle and I saved our day off for Sunday instead of our normal Saturday and we certainly took advantage of the snacks set out for the big game. After a day of mac and cheese, chips and salsa, cookies, wings, and cheese dip my finger had gotten a little swollen. It did come off with some soap and water, but I am still thrilled that I was able to get it on with such ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment