Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Damn

****Posted by Nicole


I really didn’t want to post today because I have some disappointing news. Kyle is still doing very well, but I on the other hand am not. Because I decided to rest from exercise last week, due to my head cold, I gained 2 lbs. Bummer. Alright, so it was more that the no exercise. We’ve had chips and salsa in the house since Saturday and I thought it would be okay to partake in them here and there. Wrong! There was also the dorm room dinner on Monday (check out www.sippinstl.blogspot.com for the details), which was NOT the ninja-fingers way and I couldn’t help myself when it came to eating all the food put in front of me that night. Oh, and I can’t forget last night’s social salsa night with our community group. A few chips….well, maybe a little more than a few, a couple of taquitos and some pizza rolls later I was full and irritated with myself. The taquitos weren’t a problem but the pizza rolls were right in front of me and it was so easy to just pop them in my mouth while chatting. I love biting into them and tasting the cheese and greasy crust all in one. I don’t even know how many I had.
So here I am with the goal of being under 200 by our next weigh in and I now have to lose 4 lbs in the next two weeks. It’s totally doable and still healthy; I’m just disappointed in myself for cutting loose. But that’s what this is all about, our ups and downs. I wouldn’t be human if I didn’t have some slip ups here and there. So today it was a protein shake for breakfast, orange and some peanuts for snack, leftovers for lunch, kick my butt workout with the mean lady this evening, and weight watcher tuna casserole for dinner. Day by day, that’s how I’ll take it the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment