Thursday, February 25, 2010

Tuna Casserole for Breakfast??

***Posted by Kyle

This morning, I found myself in a funny little quandry. I have been using the GNLD Protein shakes for breakfast just about daily. I know that I sort of blasted them at the beginning of Ninja Fingers, but I have gotten used to them, and actually crave them every once in a while. My recommendation is a scoop of vanilla, a scoop of Chocolate, add skim milk, three icecubes, and just a touch (a tsp maybe) of organic peanut butter. Not bad, not bad at all.

Today however, it just wasn't what I wanted. My workouts have increased in difficulty, and I was really wanting "real food" this morning. Now, my mother and my wife will both attest to the fact that I am the type of guy that will eat anything, at anytime of the day. I don't see the point in labelling foods as being solely for "breakfast" "lunch" or "dinner". That's discriminatory. If a bowl of cereal is your dinner, I'm not going to judge. If you want leftover chinese for breakfast, it doesn't bother me a bit. (One side note, there are foods that just should never be shared with another person. In particular, Milk, Orange Juice, and Cereal...but that's another thought for another day.) I say equal opportunity for all foods, regardless of color, spiciness, or egg content. Dang, I hope I'm not turning Democrat. I digress.

As I opened our now fairly well stocked refrigerator, the only leftovers I saw were the Weight Watchers Tuna Casserole from last night, and some salsa that I made on Tuesday. What happened? Well, North met South, and collided in my mouth. The Tuna Casserole dish is okay- very oniony. The salsa added some heat that it desperately needed. Throw on top of that about 3 cups of Kaldi coffee, and you have a true breath bomb. Stinky as it is, it was delicious, and just what the morning called for.

Now, maybe an Omelette for lunch?.....

1 comment: