Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Pimpin' New Ride

***Posted by Kyle

Prepare to be jealous. Yesterday, through the power of the internet (more specifically, Craigslist) I traded some wine samples for an exercise bike. Yep, you read that correctly. I found a very nice lady online that was willing to trade me a newer exercise bike for a handful of bottles of wine. Why did I trade up, and cast off the Schwinn model #000001 that I was previously using? First of all, this bike is much more comfortable. Even though my frame is slowly slimming, I'm still a big dude. The old bike was really uncomfortable to ride- it was too small, and was actually how I hurt my knee in the first place over a year ago.
Secondly, the new bike has this newfangled thing called a digital timer. No more turning the timer past 5 minutes, and waiting for the "Ding" to tell me when I'm done working out! This one also does amazing feats like tracking distance, speed, and calories burned! Who would have thunk it...I have moved from 1960 to 1990 in my technology! Finally, this one is quiet. The old bike made so much noise you could hear it on the second story of the house, when I was riding in the basement. The dogs have nothing to fear on this bike.

Oh, I'll miss the ol' Schwinn. Up until the trash man carries it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment