Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bumps and Bruises, but still Movin along

***Posted by Kyle

Today I did my weekly weigh-in. I was pleasantly surprised that, even after having pizza on Friday, a party on Saturday, and eating like a bear about to hibernate on Monday, I had still lost 2 pounds this week. It actually scared me a little bit, as I know that I can't keep coming up with excuses to cheat on the program, and be successful. However, it reinforces the fact that the whole "calories in versus calories burned" is how our bodies work. I have had several really good workouts lately, and I think that's what has saved me.

We continue to thank God for sustaining us, and helping us plod forward, even when we don't want to.

This week, we have discovered that the free-range chickens from Trader Joe's are pretty dang good. Even though I like supporting the local ones from Greenwood Farms, they tend to be smaller and a bit tougher than the ones from Trader Joe's (not to mention more expensive). Nicole mentioned that the reason for this is likely because the ones from Greenwood have been frozen, while the others have not. It's a weird dilemma to be in- do we support the local place with the lesser quality, or do we support the national chain with higher quality and better prices?

Man, I can't wait for spring and summer to get here. I want to get outside and play!

No comments:

Post a Comment