Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Feelin' Groovy

***Posted by Kyle

Today is the first day that I have actually felt encouraged by the results we have physically gotten from this thing. The notes, texts, emails, calls, and so forth have helped us press on, but up to this point, I have been more frustrated by the sore muscles, headaches, and lack of anything with Buffalo sauce in my life. As you might know, I weigh myself every Wednesday morning. Last week, I hadn't dropped an ounce. This week, I'm 6 lbs below that number. I will post "official" numbers on Saturday when we get our measurements, but I'm happy with my progress so far.

The other thing that I have noticed is that my acid reflux has almost totally gone away. I used to think it had something to do with red wine, and the fatty foods I was eating (it does), but little did I realize how much diet soda affects it. Monday night, I drank a diet Mountain Dew, and almost immediately felt "flared up." I guess all those slow food folks are right- soda isn't good for you!

My hope and prayer is that, as I lose the pounds, my knee problem will go away. Right now, it really sucks to have to wear a brace, and have the first half of my workouts be in pain.

Have a great day, make a healthy decision!

Oprah- still awaiting your call.........

No comments:

Post a Comment