Friday, March 5, 2010

It's Weighing on me

***Posted by Kyle

One of the tips that we received a couple of years ago from a trainer is to only weigh yourself once a week. Do it on the same day, at the same time, wearing the same type of clothes. This prevents you from freaking out about your natural rhythms of weight fluctuation, and gives you a truer sense of your progress. I noticed this morning that the clothes had been kicked off of the scale, so I knew that Nicole had been weighing herself every day. I normally weigh on Wednesdays, but I decided to "cheat" again and weigh today.

"What the...?"

I weigh exactly the same!

Well, yeah, dummy- it's only been 48 hours since you last stepped on a scale, and you had a fairly heavy dinner last night.

When we started this thing, we stated that we didn't want to make it all about how much we weigh. It has started to slip into obsessing about it, and worrying about a pound gained or lost in the matter of two days, which is asinine.

Lord, help me remember that this is a marathon, not a sprint, and that I should take it a week at a time, not a day at a time.

Next measurements are tomorrow. I'm actually somewhat looking forward to this one!

Have a great day, a great weekend, and make a healthy decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment