Saturday, March 13, 2010

I'm proud of us...

***Posted by Kyle

Last night, Nicole and I had a great victory. She had come with me to help me do an in-home wine tasting that I had been hired to do (If you didn't know, I own a wine-consulting company called Sip of Knowledge- check it out at www.sipofknowledge.com). The group that was hosting it last night each brough a food, and I taught them about 6 different wines. Nicole was my assistant, and poured wine for me, and was my very helpful "go-fer". We had eaten a fairly healthy meal of smoked chicken breast, mixed greens salad, and brown rice, but were each still a bit hungry. The first round of people that showed up brought foods that were right in our allowable wheelhouse- veggies, fruit, nuts, etc.

Then the Entrees came out.

Spinach salad with walnuts and blue cheese

Salmon poached in butter

Taco Meatballs

Creamy, meaty pasta

Oh Lord, a cheese and bacon tart.

Salted caramel pie

Man this could have really gotten bad, really fast! However, I'm glad to report that we did really well- if there was something we were dying to try, we took one bite of it. The rest of the time, we basically ate carrots and grapes.

Not an earth-shaking win, but a win nonetheless.

Whew- thank God it's cheat day!

No comments:

Post a Comment