Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My time…. Wait, what time?

****Posted by Nicole

Is anyone else’s schedule as crazy as mine? Yesterday was one of those days that I just couldn’t sit down and be. It started at 5:30. I woke up, let the dogs out, fed them, fed myself, got in the shower, did my hair, fixed my lunch, and jumped in the car to get to work. Worked from 7 to 4:30 and then got home to immediately start cooking dinner with Kyle. Side note: we had weight watcher easy enchiladas that were sooo good! Hardly had time to finish dinner and I was back in the car to go to a leadership meeting at church. This lasted until 8:30 and I was back at home and desperately wanted to workout. I also wanted to do laundry, finish cleaning the kitchen, put the clean clothes up and clean the bathroom. I can’t do it all. I was tired from getting up so early and would have really liked to sit upstairs with my husband and our new roomy, Adam, and watch Anthony Bourdain’s “No Reservations”. But, to keep myself sane, I worked out instead of cleaning or watching TV. Let me tell ya, it was totally worth every minute.

It was the one moment in the day that was just for me. I put headphones in and ran my freaken heart out. I have never in my life been able to run over a mile without stopping and last night I ran almost 2 miles. It was a sight to behold because I was really digging my music and had a tendency to try to dance and run at the same time. It doesn’t work. Before I collapsed from exhaustion, I switched laundry from the washer to the dryer and felt very satisfied that I had at least started something on my cleaning list. Then it was to the shower and off to bed to start it all over again today. No wonder I have anxiety issues!

So what’s the moral of the story? The laundry will always be there, the bathroom can wait for another day, and I can ask for help to clean the kitchen. Having things clean makes me happy, but my body and mind don’t need a clean bathroom, they need exercise. Lesson learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment