Friday, April 2, 2010

Weighing in

****Posted by Nicole

I’ve started to discover that weighting in every month causes a bit of stress for me. Kyle and I were talking yesterday and he is concerned that I might be putting a little too much emphasis on my weight. When we started this we both said that we would think of this as a marathon and not a sprint. We would set our goals, but if we didn’t reach them when we thought we should then it wouldn’t be the end of the world. I pondered this for a while and knew that even if I took weighing in away I would be constantly measuring myself to see results. Then he threw out the idea of not looking at any of it until July 1. I don’t like that idea mainly because I think it’s good to see my progress.
My solution is to pray about it every time I think I’m not losing enough or don’t reach my goal by a few pounds. That was the only thing I could think of. I won’t eat less, because I’m eating the right amount of calories for my body, and I won’t exercise more because I think that 40 minutes to an hour a day is fine. If I can’t do a work out for whatever reason, then that’s life and I will move on. As long as I keep losing then I’m doing what I need to be doing. So here's to a happy weigh in tomorrow whatever the results may be!


If anyone has any other suggestions that has worked for them in the past then let me know! Thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment