Monday, April 12, 2010

A Very Non-Ninja Weekend

***Posted by Kyle

It's a good thing I'm not famous yet. If papparazzi were following us this weekend, our little blog here would be blasted for being hypocritical. Friday was my birthday. As we have mentioned before, our birthdays and anniversary are the two other "allowable" cheat days we get. To say I took full advantage is an understatement. Bacon for breakfast, wings for lunch, pulled pork for dinner, and gobs of beer and wine. Whoops. Saturday we did a little better, but not much. A friend had a crawfish boil, which means you really have to work hard to eat a lot. Plus, it took me well over 2 hours in the hot sun to mow and trim the yard, so I feel like I worked out. We tore it up at a local new restaurant for dinner, and I'm fairly certain things like bacon-wrapped meatloaf and Fried Scallops aren't on the new eating plan. Sunday, we continued the feeding frenzy with pizza for lunch and burgers for dinner.

Am I sorry for this weekend? Absolutely not. I had an amazing few days spending time with my beautiful wife and friends. We ate too much, laughed a lot, and ditched the Ninja Way. Now, it's just time to prove that we are serious about this whole program being a lifestyle change, and do well this week. It will be hard, as I am on vacation, and tend to eat when I'm bored. However, it will also give me plenty of time to work out, shop for deliciously healthy foods, and chill out a bit.

Thank you to all that continue to follow us, encourage us, critique us, and pray for us. On the subject of prayer, please keep me in yours. As I have lost weight, I have discovered a rather large lump in my abdomen. I have had four different doctor friends look at it, and they are all in agreement that it is probably just a large Lipoma- basically, a benign fatty tumor. I'm going in to have it checked out in early May, and will keep you updated. Please don't worry (I'm not, and neither is Nicole)- just pray.

Thanks, and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment