Monday, June 28, 2010

The Thrill of the Grill

***Posted by Kyle

Anyone who knows me for about 30 seconds knows that I love anything dealing with grilling or BBQ-ing meat. I love standing by the grill (or sitting by the smoker), even when it's wickedly hot outside, with a cool beverage in hand, creating a perfect crust on the muscle matter of a dead pig, cow, chicken, fish, or any other animal really. This grilling obsession is fairly ninja friendly, too. As long as you don't eat too much of the high-fat stuff, its a healthy way to cook.

Recently, however, this activity has been more out of necessity. A couple of weeks ago, our oven went beserk. I'm serious- it started making all sorts of beeps (I think it was yelling at me), and then just won't turn on. It still makes a random beep every couple of hours, just to let us know that the demon is still inside of it. So, this has caused us to use the grill much more often, which is fine except that sometimes you need that warm oven.

I want my oven back.

No comments:

Post a Comment