Monday, June 21, 2010

Back in the saddle

****Posted by Nicole



This past weekend Kyle and I decided to have a “reboot” of Ninja Fingers. With Kyle starting a business and me traveling and working like I have it’s been a really easy to make excuses to not workout and not eat right. I have to admit that yesterday I stomped up a fuss when we discussed blogging every day verses once or twice a week. (And I literally stomped my foot like a child, one of my shining moments as an almost 30 year old adult) I wanted to blog once or twice a week and Kyle was saying everyday. The point of everyday will keep us more accountable and on target. Alright! Fine! Gosh! I’ll blog every day. But I don’t have to like it!!!

To be honest with you, I really didn’t think that anyone was reading Ninja Fingers anymore. This past week I had four people ask what the deal was. What happened? The short answer is that we got lazy and I’m sorry for that.

So here I am, once again ashamed of my weight and ready to start again. This time starting will be much harder to get into the grove of things because I’m not as excited. I do have a short term goal date in mind. My next big event is one of my oldest friend’s wedding. I would like to lose 20 lbs by August 27th.

Now for the embarrassing part, since my last weight in I’ve gained. I was at 193 and now I’m back up to 197. So frustrating! I had a minor melt down when I saw some pictures of myself from a family reunion back in April. I actually felt pretty decent about myself that day and the pictures proved me wrong. After my reality check I had to squeeze into my bathing suit and go swimming at a friend’s house. Ugh, I was so mad at myself not sticking to the plan. Oh well. I’ll get my strength from praying and from Kyle always reminding me of our goals. (even when it makes me angry!) :)

Thanks for reading and keeping us accountable!!!

1 comment:

  1. I was about to email you when I saw your post! Hang in there! You can get back up...I mean down! You know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete