Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Booty everywhere!

First day of high school, first tryout for the dance team and the first performance in front of a crowd are all examples of times I was so nervous I wanted to throw up. I can now add the first night of booty camp. When I pulled up to the Skatium all I could hear in my head was Adam Sandler’s voice saying “They’re all going to laugh at you!” My palms were sweaty, my heart was jumping out of my chest, and I felt so stupid for getting this nervous. Kyle had suggested that I listen to Metallica to pump myself up on the way but I assured him that my heart was plenty pumped.

While staring at the door for a bit I calmed myself down and entered the land of kick ass. Once I found the other girls I noticed that they looked as wide eyed as I did so I was put as ease. We quickly checked in and then hit the floor to start some training. We skipped, lunged, and grapevined the length of the rink and were all sucking in some major air. After a water break we then commenced to learn how to fall, recover, and stop the derby way.

My legs hurt, and my knee is swollen, but I had an absolute blast. The veterans that were there were more than willing to help with pointers and I appreciated any information they were willing to give. There are a lot of girls trying out and the coach, Romo, said that this group was the most prepared group of potentials she’s ever seen. (which could make it harder to get in the league this go round) I know that I’m not the best potential out there, but I’m also not the worst. I’ll practice on my own Wednesday and hope that come Monday I’ll be ready for it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment