Tuesday, January 25, 2011

And then there were 20…

Thinking back to information night a couple months ago, there were 58 girls lining up to try out for derby. We all had dreams of smashing, falling, pushing, and pulling our way to the top. Through the weeks of meet and greets we lost a few, but not enough to stand out. Last night I counted 20 lovely bad ass ladies still in the game to fight for the right to wear fishnets in public. It was our last practice before the big tryouts on the 31st. I’m scared, excited, and ready to skate my heart out. But will it be enough?

I do have one set back. I hurt myself pretty bad last night. We were doing a hopping drill and I slipped backwards and landed on my tailbone really hard. It’s pretty badly bruised and I’m not sure how it’s going to affect my tryouts. As long as I don’t fall on it again and concentrate I should be okay. It cracked my confidence a little and when we skated five laps around the rink my time was a few seconds worse than last week. A hurting tailbone is funny because you feel pain, but aside from lying on your stomach, there is nothing you can do to ease it. I’m currently trying to sit on a yoga mat that is intricately folded but it is still really uncomfortable.
Please pray that I heal quickly and that I’ll be able to put up an honest fight come tryout night!

No comments:

Post a Comment