Thursday, November 10, 2011

The work/exercise balance

One thing that I have realized in restarting Ninja Fingers is that I had a totally different work/life balance the last go around. When we started the first time, I worked for a company that was going out of business. I was still getting paid by them, but we basically didn't have anything in stock to sell. As a result, it was easy for me to either exercise in the mornings, and go into work a little bit late, or to come home mid-afternoon and work out. I'm one of these people that either has to exercise first thing in the morning, or at a time that is a couple hours after eating. I'm also taxed at the end of the day, so I have a hard time working out right after work.

This go around, I work sometimes 12 hours a day. I'm usually at my office between 8 and 8:30 am, so to find the time and energy to work out in the morning is tough.

I'm trying not to sound whiny, or that I'm complaining- it's just tough to drag myself out of bed at 5:45 or 6 am to work out. So, if you see me, please give me a fist bump, and tell me to stop being lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment