Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Where's the Beef?

**Posted by Kyle

...It's in our freezer, that's where it is! I need help from some of you all. Basically, I need good, healthy recipes that are low-cal, and use beef. You see, several foodie friends of mine and I all went in together and bought 2 cows. Yep, we bought 2 entire cows and had them processed. Yesterday, we went and picked it up. I now have a deep freezer full of lots of bovine. I have ground beef, sirloin, ribsteak, porterhouses, marrow bones, liver, heart, oxtails, and soup bones. So, I'm putting the call out to you healthy cooks- Whatcha got?

Oh, in other sports news, I also need money. I agreed to do this fundraiser for a ministry I used to work with called Summit Adventure in Bass Lake, CA. Esentially, I'm supposed to go on a shower strike until I raise my $$. I only have $250 left to go. So, for Nicole's sake, please email me at kyleharsha@yahoo.com on instructions on how to donate.

Thanks, and have a wonderful day.

1 comment:

  1. Jordan got this recipe off of beefitswhatsfordinner.com (cause he thinks its manly). We love it...especially with a little green tobasco and fat free sour cream!

    Santa Fe Chili
    1 pound ground beef
    1 large clove garlic, minced
    1 can (15-1/2 ounces) red kidney beans, drained
    1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sweet corn, drained
    1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
    1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
    1 package (1-1/4 ounces) chili seasoning mix

    1.Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef and garlic; cook 6 minutes, breaking into small crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings.
    2.Stir in beans, corn, tomato sauce, tomatoes and chili seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.

    ReplyDelete