Thursday, May 6, 2010

Hyenas are cooler than Hernias

***Posted by Kyle

So, the results are in. The lump in my abdomen is actually a small hernia. The doc wants me to consider surgery, however, he also wants me to continue losing weight. I'm going to keep shedding pounds, so that the surgery will go easier (as my dad said, "less stuff to dig through"). I have an appointment to go back in November, and we will make a decision at that time. Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers!

In other news, Nicole and I had an early "cheat day" last night. I had done a sommelier gig, and she had gotten her hair done, so we met up for a late night drink and nosh at one of our favorite restaurants- Five. The kitchen was closing down, but the chef still sent out a killer charcuterie plate with different meats, pate, and cheeses. After that snack, we were both still hungry, and walked up to a place called Guido's that we had never been in. We got a goat cheese app, and a small thin crust sausage, garlic, and bell pepper pizza that were pretty dang good. Needless to say, we will be skipping our normal "cheat day" on saturday.

Weigh-in and measurements, complete with pics tomorrow!

Enjoy this beautiful day folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment