Monday, May 3, 2010

Apologies…

****Posted by Nicole

Just recently my position at work had a bit of a shift. One of my teammates got moved to another account. We did get a replacement, however, I have not only been training him, but also doing my work and the work that my teammate was doing. This plus busy season and I have been a crazy working lady. My poor husband has been picking up the slack at home and on the blog, so I do apologize for not blogging lately.

I have learned that when working late it has been impossible for me to make my workout classes. I miss working with weights and need the flexibility Pilates offer. Thank goodness we have a treadmill in our basement or I wouldn’t have had any kind of workout the past two weeks. So, I have asked our friend Donna, who is a trainer and Pilates instructor, to make me a workout with weights so that I can still use my gym membership. I enjoy running so I would really like to keep it up. Last week I finally ran up to 2 and half miles!!! I did push myself a little too hard though. The next day my calf muscle killed and I had to ice it after I ran again. I’ve been resting it the last couple days just so I don’t injure it more.

Staying on top of eating healthy has been a bit of a struggle. I find that I am starved at around 3:00 and usually I can make it home before I get too hungry, but there were a couple of nights I didn’t make it home until 8:00. The vending machine at work doesn’t exactly offer apples to snack on, so I found that having some hummus and peanuts at work helped tremendously. I have stopped taking the stairs, mainly because I’m just to dang tired in the morning.

I do want to make a special shout out to my sweet husband who had dinner on the table every night when I would get home. Seeing how I can get kind of weepy at the drop of a hat when I’m tired, he was very understanding and wonderful during my stressful times. Thanks love!

No comments:

Post a Comment